Members of the cleaners union have had some HUGE wins in our fight for good secure jobs in the industry!
We kicked out dodgy subcontractors, won direct employment, and won back money owed to us by dodgy bosses.
Over the last few months, cleaners have stood together in our union and:
• WON award pay and more job security for cleaners who were being underpaid at Myer department stores. Member Rafael Colobon won reinstatement after he was sacked for speaking out about dodgy subcontractors at Myer. Share this win!
• WON award pay and more job security at Crown, after members kicked a subcontractor out of the casino for underpaying cleaners and forcing them onto ABNs.
• WON award pay and more job security at Melbourne University, after members kicked a subcontractor out for underpaying cleaners and forcing them on to ABNs. Share this win!
• WON an agreement so all cleaners that have worked at 485 La Trobe Street for more than a year keep their jobs when contracts change.
• WON respect at RMIT when GJK responded to a meeting demand from 35 cleaners who spoke out about their workloads being too high. GJK say they will fix these problems, and delegates will meet with GJK again soon to make sure they do.
Cleaners are very powerful when we stand together in our union. And we’ve got a winning plan for 2016!
Our Plan to Win:
• Improve wages and defend penalty rates
• Improve job security and long service leave
• Get rid of subcontracting
• Fix unfair workloads
• Respect for cleaners
Are you in? Join United Voice today.Back to News