At the United Voice Victorian Leaders Convention last week, delegates and leaders from across our union put forward a resolution to #FIGHTinequality.
The theme of the day was Together we are Powerful - and that's how we're going to tackle inequality and stand up for good, secure jobs.
The Convention notes that:
- Insecure and low-paid jobs are growing
- These jobs are bad for people and the economy
The Convention calls for:
- An economy that has more secure, sustainable fulltime employment with good working conditions and greater equality for all.
- A focus on Australian jobs & Australian owned & made products
- Where we all earn a living wage for what we do and have certainty in the hours we work & in our future.
The Convention resolves to:
- Join together to to bring everyone into the union movement and help them be more active through education
- We will educate the community about who we are & what we stand for
- We will use the power of the Union for political influence to deliver the economy we need
- We are going to unite all industries & all unions to fight to drive this change