Professional Indemnity Insurance

Professional Indemnity Insurance

From 1 July 2014 all financial United Voice members working in early childhood education and care will be covered by the new United Voice Professional Indemnity Insurance Policy. It's another reason why membership of United Voice is so important to professionals working in this sector.


"Working with young children every day brings its own challenges. I need to know that if a child in my care has an accident, I am protected. We provide quality care, but in this changing world sometimes people are looking for someone to blame. Professional Indemnity Insurance gives me the peace of mind to focus on my primary concern – delivering quality education to children."
Kylie Grey, Educator

What is Professional Indemnity Insurance?

Professional Indemnity insurance protects workers who may be sued for events that occur while they are carrying out their professional duties.

Am I covered?

Yes, if you work in early child education and care, and you are a current financial member of United Voice. For more information on this policy, or any claim or potential claim, please contact United Voice Victoria on or 03 9235 7777.

What am I covered for?

You are covered for necessary and reasonable costs and expenses incurred (with the insurer's prior written consent), in defending, investigating or settling any civil liability claims made against you after 1 July 2014 that result from the conduct of your professional services. This means it covers you for civil suits resulting from incidents that occur at work.

The United Voice policy applies in situations where your employer's policy fails to operate to defend you against any claim. For full particulars, reference must be made to the current policy wording - call United Voice on 03 9235 7777 to find out more.

How do I make a claim?

You must contact United Voice as soon as possible once you are aware of a claim against you or as soon as you first become aware of facts or circumstances that might give rise to a claim against you. Only United Voice can assist you with your Indemnity Insurance.