The United Voice Leadership Program provides union delegates, leaders and activists with specialist training in a range of areas, including enforcing your union agreement, union-building and representation.
To sign up, fill in the form or call 03 9235 7777.
"I now feel more comfortable and confident about representing members with their issues - and talking to non-members about why they need to join the union. We need to build a bigger, stronger union, so we can make sure we always get treated with fairness and respect."
- Alex Petrevski, Delegate and program graduate
Core Skills for Delegates
The program begins with a Core Skills for Delegates course, developed with the ACTU Organising Centre, which covers the following topics:
- How to join people up to our union
- Ways to work with other union members to win change in the workplace
- How the EA and the legal system can work for us
- How to help other members if they have issues (including meetings with management)
The course is delivered by expert trainers from the ACTU assisted by United Voice officials, and is available to all United Voice delegates. It runs for two consecutive days at the United Voice offices in North Melbourne. Following completion, delegates can also take advantage of advanced and specialist training.